WIP more Big Machines

Whenever I find the time, which I hardly do these days, I try to focus on long time WIPs. One of those is building a war rig. I love the idea, I love the aesthetic, there is just so much room for details to get lost in.



The most adavanced project at the moment is a 1/64 semi, I think it's a Peterbilt cab, probably made by Playart. I got a couple of incomplete sets from Ebay. On this particular one the hood piece was missing. So I went with a exposed engine / rat rod look.

The trailer is taken from a different set of what could be the same model. It had broken rubber tires, of which some where lost.


The thing is huge. Here is an older car I made for comparison.


The overall building concept and color scheme are mostly clear at this point. There will be another turret at the back of the trailer, most probably with a harpoon. Some barbed wire is waiting to be attached.

Maybe some more details.

And then there is the painting and weathering of the chassis and wheels.






The other project is a little more colorful.

The original model is a 1/72 Atlas model of a 1970s Volvo bus

Car for size comparison

Rear view


Interior with engine


The project needs a lot of detailing.

And then weathering.

For the overall body paint job I tried out a new technique using sponge-brushes over a brown base. The design was inspired by coaches seen in the Caribbean and South See Islands.


So, a lot still to be done. But some effort is visble.


Comments