Old Pics - buggies & outriders

 A while ago I got a batch of nice fotos of some of my Gaslands cars as a birthday present. A lot of them are already pubkished on this blog. Here is some more

Hot Wheels Custom Datsun 240z

Hot Wheels '67 Oldsmobile 442
The second car I ever made for Gaslands. It's funny to look at my very first batch of models. I would do a lot of things differently now. The (Rigor Motor) engine that is just glued on top of the hood looks so weird, but I didn't have the time to cut a hole in the hood. Nor the patience. The rear tires are just wrong. The gun I kitbashed from so many tiny bits, for I didn't have any gun parts.
But Iove how confident and efficient I was back then. Today I overthing everything. This i s why so m any projects are frozen in WIP status. I have some concept in mind and the get lost in the details. Scale, Color scheme, purpose, somehow realistic details like exhaust pipes and such. I can get lost for weeks deciding on wheels. I have so many now. Back then it was "oh, some truck wheels, let's put them on this thing..."
I sometimes miss my mind set of back then. Just slap it on, it will look o.k. in the end... And I still love the weathered bare metal on this thing.

Hot Wheels '69 Dodge Charger

Hot Wheels '55 Bel Air Gasser

Background: Hot Wheels Buick Riviera (probably 64)

Hot Wheels Custom Volkswagen Beetle

Hot Wheels Sooo Fast

Love this foto

The 240 Z in more organic envivronment



Comments