Some Halloween Fun

 Halloween is coming.


I alsways had a soft spot for everything morbid, spooky, goth, and let's face it, gory.

So why not have some good old halloween  fun. Luckily my job allows me to do projects like this.


Some finished and WIP objects

Working with adolescents is great. First of all they visit our youth center voluntarily. Second they are old enough, so you can go full gory and weird.



I did a few things as examples of what is possible by using certain techniques.


The basic masks came as a cheap 1€ halloween prop.

The Zombie: First I cut of the nose and sealed the holes with some foam sheet

Next I used toilet paper and glue to create a skin pattern. Just torn pieces of paper and PVA glue applied with a big brush

For Rhinoplasty I used some paper maché and a piece of plastic that I had cut off from the mask's nose earlier. Then I decides to create some lips. The thicker pieces of paper maché took ages to dry. 

I used some thread to sew the mouth shut. Had to use a drill for the holes in the plastic base. At that point the paper maché lips still had not fully dried.

Paint. I used mod podge mixed with some ground colored chalk pigments (green, grey and brown) I had left over from a previous project

 
I cut a ping pong ball in half and super glued into the eye sockets. The pigments turned out much greener than expected throughout the drying process, but I went with it. Added several layers of dry brushing with various shades of warm grey. And a few wahses. This one I made myself from a mixture of water, dishsoap and sepia ink.


After a bit of detailing (eyes, nose, thread)



Comments